Lighting of outdoor areas includes streets, roadways, parking lots and pedestrian areas.This type of lighting was dominated by metal halide (MFH) and high pressure sodium (HPS) sources but things are changing. Recent advances in LED (light emitting diode) technology have resulted in a new option for outdoor area lighting with several potential advantages. Some of the advantages
- Surface illuminance using less energy and with improved uniformity
- Significance longer life (50000hrs) with better lumen maintenance
- No mercury or other disposal hazards.
- They come on instantly without run up time or restrike delay.
- High IP rating to low maintenance
Outdoor lights often become perches for birds and the debris that come with them. The luminaire should not collect and retain dirt or water on the top side, the optical chamber should remain clean for the Led luminaire to truly reduce maintenance. This brings us to the Ingress Protection (IP) ratings described on the luminaire for example rating of IP65 indicates dust tight and protected from water jets from any direction.
For the sake of energy saving solar lights outdoor has
- Photo cell sensor it will turn off during the daytime and it will turn on under dim light mode at night automatically. With an astonishing lifespan of 50000 hours and 160 weeks no frequent replacement and maintenance.
- PIR motion detection sensor, this solar lights can detect up to 20-26ft away and range of 120 degree, turn on high bright lighting mode for 20s, distance up to 40-55ft after the motion detected then turn to dim mode. This makes the light to come on when it’s only necessary thus increasing the conservation of energy.
- Timers. Timers are adjusted to the consumer specification and preference on when the light should be on and off.